How to Web recently launched its preacceleration program for CEE early stage tech startups, the MVP Academy, and it has just announced the 15 finalists who will form the first cohort in the program. The teams start their training on June 2nd and will work together with mentors and experienced professionals until July 22nd in order to develop their products and learn how to take advantage of the opportunities available on the global market.
The tech startups who applied for the preacceleration program have been evaluated based on their team fit & experience, the size of the market they address and its trends, initial market validation & traction, international potential and impact, as well as the overall feasibility of the product.
The 15 Finalists
The jury, consisting of Cosmin Ochişor , Zoli Herczeg , Cristi Badea , Bogdan Iordache and Monica Obogeanu, chose 15 teams from Romania, Bulgaria and Slovenia who are building products with disruptive potential in software, hardware, Internet of Things, mobile and medtech. These teams are:
- Axo Suits – High-powered exoskeletons
- Bravatar – Network of fan communities centered around brands
- Complement – Software for educational management, online catalog and personal development platform
- Doctrina d.o.o. – Platform that facilitates the product knowledge transfer to all employees in pharmacies in shorter time and lower costs through webinars
- Drimm.in – Social platform that allows users to team up to fulfill dreams for friends
- Fitter – Mobile app that offers mobile personal trainer experience and connects each fitness studio with his customers in a personal, intuitive and efficient way
- Gloria Food – Free online ordering system that allows restaurants to directly interact with their customers
- Hickery – Web and mobile music player for extremely social people that allows users to interact and make playlists by looking at the activity they have on social media
- Inovolt – Product that combines hardware and software component and allows users to visualize, measure, record and analyze energy generation and consumption over multiple circuits in real-time
- Lifebox – Mobile app that allows users to create common photo albums with their friends and thus create shared memories
- Pillbuzz – Bracelet set through a mobile app that functions independently and helps users respect their treatment plans
- Pocketo – Mobile app that uses hardware components to support IoT developers to do faster prototyping for Arduino and RaspberryPi with the help of your smartphone
- Qalendra – Travel calendar dedicate to adventure travelers that allows them to get inspired by the collection of events, create travel wish lists and get alerts on upcoming events
- StudyMentors – Online platform which connects international prospective students with current students/alumni from European universities
- Wallet Buzz – Mobile app that connects retailers and smartphone users while delivering exclusive offers directly on their phones
Intensive 7 Week Program Ahead
In between June 2nd and July 22nd, the How to Web MVP Academy finalist teams will learn how to develop their products and business, and go global. They will also have access to the TechHub Bucharest co-working space and the international tech community, as well as mentors, angel investors, acceleration programs and early stage investment funds.
Moreover, the How to Web MVP Academy team will work closely with the teams to to monitor their progress and help them get access to relevant resources for their specific needs.
The 7 week program filled with workshops and 1 on 1 mentoring sessions will culminate in the Demo Day on July 22nd, when the teams will have the chance to pitch their products and showcase their progress in front of an audience comprising representatives of the most appreciated acceleration programs in Europe, angel investors, early stage investment funds, journalists, entrepreneurs and technology professionals.