Brno, Czech Republic, will hold a CEE Social Media Barcamp (aka BabelCamp) at the end of August. It is an event dedicated to exchange of knowledge, networking and fun, connecting CZ/SK/PL/AT/HU and other countries from this region. BabelGuide is an organizer and while we wait to hear some more details about the speakers and the agenda, we got five good reasons to go to the event. And here they are:
- Learn! It’s good to know each other – meet fellow colleagues, get some inspiration from their case studies, fail stories or smart observations.
- Meet! Barcamps are about networking. Tired of your usual events where you know everybody? Meet some new people from other countries and get some link juice for your LinkedIn profile. There will be some gamification mechanics for those shy too – your Klout score can bring you some perks for real!
- Show up! Bring some of your cool stuff: as it’s a barcamp, everybody is invited to share their knowledge. Some of the speakers will be chosen in advance, but there will be free slots so there is space for improvisation and last-minute decisions – as proper barcamp needs.
- No entry fee! The event is for free. The costs are covered by the sponsors, so you don’t have to pay the ticket.
- Have fun! There will be an awesome afterparty in the evening – music, drinks, raffle – or you can explore the city nightlife with your new friends. There will be also cool stuff, like 3D printers or flying saucepans!
Until more details are revealed, you can follow everything through Facebook. So, are you going to Brno?