Balkan Venture Forum recognized the growth of SEE startup community, so their team is keeping the tempo and, as they say, even kicks it up a notch. So, they published on their website that they are kicking it in Sofia on May 21st and 22nd, thanks to the support of LAUNCHub, Eleven, Betahaus, BEIC and a community of great startups and remarkable individuals.
There will be an amazing gathering of the top SEE startups, mentors, investors, and many more great guests from around the world. The venue is the top floor of National Palace of Culture and the program is, like they say, mind-expanding and exciting, enveloping the complete spectrum of the startup eco-system, from financing trends to technical lean startup nuggets, to futurist musings to community building.
Opportunities for selected companies
The spotlight is reserved for the startups. BkVF Sofia is a fantastic opportunity for SEE startups to develop their business and conquer the world. It’s an opportunity to have fun with networking, learning a few things and the best of all to shine on stage and impress the jury and investors with your world conquering product. 36 companies will be selected and allowed to pitch on stage for 8 minutes, followed by 7 minutes of Q&A by the expert jury. The selected companies will have the opportunity to:
- Receive mentoring at the Venture Academy to increase their investor readiness;
- Get involved in the international investor network of Europe Unlimited;
- One of the teams participating in the BkVF Pitching Competition will be awarded by LAUNCHub Seed & Acceleration fund with a “Wild card” for the application process in the summer of 2013 or a better chance of being among the 8-10 teams that qualify for EUR 30,000 worth of funding. Should the selected one apply to LAUNCHub, it will have a guaranteed place among the shortlisted teams who have a personal interview with the fund’s team on their way to participation in the Acceleration Program.
- One of the finalists of the Pitching Competition will be selected by the jury member representing Eleven Startup Accelerator to pitch its project directly to Eleven’s investment panel following BkVF, receiving a fast-track through Eleven’s selection process.
- 25% top companies will be allowed to pitch at the European Venture Summit (EVS) in December 2013. Last EVS took place in Berlin in December 2013, with 130+ pitching startups from around Europe and 120 VCs, for unprecedented two-day pitching and matchmaking event
- Have pre-scheduled 1on1 meetings with select investors and speakers;
- Free event registration for one entrepreneur and discount of 50% for the rest of the team;
Previous winners include companies like Incrediblue and TekFuze, which rose financing to develop their business. If you think you could apply, you can check the criteria for pitching competition here.